Your NUCCA Exam
The NUCCA Corrective Technique
A NUCCA Chiropractic Correction cannot be made until exacting measurements of body imbalance are determined. After the NUCCA exam, if it’s determined a patient can be accepted for care, precise x-rays are taken and analyzed before the chiropractor will make a correction. The x-rays taken prior to the correction allow the chiropractic doctor to determine the exact magnitude and direction the entire spine has shifted from its normal position. These x-rays are unique to the NUCCA Chiropractic Correction and require exacting standards of x-ray alignment, performance and measurement. It should be noted that because of the care and quality of these films, and by using a patented filtering system, patient exposure to x-rays are reduced significantly over standard medical x-ray techniques.
The calculated vector the chiropractic doctor determines from the x-ray analysis is as individual to the patient as their fingerprints. No two formulas are the same. After the chiropractor’s correction, the doctor will immediately re-measure the patient’s posture and exam findings. If an unacceptable correction was made the chiropractic doctor will recalculate the x-rays and make another correction to be assured the best correction was made on the very first visit to the office. Most patients can begin to feel relief following their first visit.
Research and NUCCA Chiropractic
There are over 250 peer reviewed research articles on upper cervical chiropractic, which are used to further the NUCCA Spinal Chiropractic corrections effectiveness. Chiropractor, Dr. Luzod presents this research annually at the Low Back Pain Conference; Las Vegas, NV. In addition, NUCCA chiropractic is one of the few techniques within the field of Chiropractic to have established it’s own research branch within the organization, NUCCRA (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Research Association). This non-profit arm of the organization consists of a board of directors who’s total years in the field combine for over 100 years worth of clinical and research experience.
NUCCA Chiropractic and You
As soon as the NUCCA Chiropractic Correction is made and body imbalance is restored, IMMEDIATELY, muscles begin to relax, blood and oxygen circulation is increased, healing messages are transmitted from the brain to the affected area and the body’s self healing process begins.
The body has now begun a process of recovery from the long term effects of body imbalance. The body may express itself in many different ways following the NUCCA Chiropractic Correction:
- Alleviation of pain and symptoms
- Tired and/or relaxed feeling
- Light headedness/headache
- Sinus drainage or popping in the ears
- Joint popping as muscles relax
- Throbbing or tingling sensations in various areas of the body
- Muscle soreness over the first few days as the body has moved into a different position
- Pain in the area of an old injury
- Skin temperature changes, sometimes perspiration changes
- Body elimination-diarrhea or constipation
- Painful areas will shift to other areas of the body
- Many times discomfort in limbs will begin to move toward the hands and feet and eventually leave the body
The severity of the spinal condition will determine the amount of recovery time an individual will need between each chiropractic treatment. Some chiropractic patients see relief immediately and while others take more time. Being out of pain doesn’t mean your body has healed. Usually it takes a month to recover (heal) for every year the spine has been in an imbalanced position (misaligned).
1. The Acute Phase: The NUCCA chiropractic doctor’s first objective is to correct the entire spine back to normal and restore body balance. This reactivates the body’s self healing process in order to relieve pain and symptoms as quickly as possible.
2. Body Stabilization and Healing Phase: Most patients get results with the first spinal correction, but the first six weeks after the initial correction is considered a process of recovery and healing. Body balance will be monitored during this period to ensure the correction is maintained and healing continues.
3. Health Maintenance Phase: During this time your body is going to take approximately a month to recover for every year your spine has been misaligned providing the NUCCA Chiropractic Correction is maintained.
- This phase is where people will begin learning new ways to take better care of themselves, which often times aids in the stability of the NUCCA Chiropractic Correction.
- If patients maintain their correction by visiting their NUCCA chiropractic doctor periodically, you can live a pain free life, strengthen your body’s natural defense system, and increase the quality and quantity in which you live life.
- During the initial stabilization period, a number of NUCCA Chiropractic Corrections may be necessary.
- Once the spine is in a stable holding position many NUCCA chiropractic patients may maintain their corrections for weeks, months, or even years at a time.
- Recovery will continue as long as the NUCCA Chiropractic Correction is maintained. Patients, who allow adequate time for the correction and stabilization of body balance, will see the best long term results.
If you have read through all of this intense information we would like to congratulate you. Spinal Care of Nevada is committed to helping you with whatever health goals you have for yourself.
If you have any questions for our office please don’t hesitate to call us at 702.944.HOPE or email us. If you are ready to become a new patient we welcome the opportunity.
The National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association (NUCCA) was founded in 1966 by Dr. Ralph Gregory, a Chiropractor from Monroe, Michigan. Originally, Dr. Gregory studied physics and mathematics, which naturally led him to a more scientific and advanced system of meausurement.
For many years Dr. Gregory continued his private chiropractic practice, with patients travelling from all over the world, while also teaching the NUCCA Seminars. NUCCA chiropractic, since that time has developed into one of the most well respected spinal correction procedures in all of health care.
The NUCCA chiropractic procedure has its own research organization (NUCCRA) and holds conferences around the U.S. and Canada teaching students and doctors how to more effectively correct spinal misalignments.