Beat Back Pain – Dr. Devin Luzod, Las Vegas Chiropractor
- Back pain is an epidemic among US adults.
- 4 out of 5: Number of US adults who will experience lower back pain.
- 45-64: Most common ages who suffer from back pain.
- Most common cause of disability aged 45 and younger.
- 2nd most common cause of lost work days.
Common Back Pain Triggers and Treatments
Condition: Muscle strains or ligamentous sprains
Cause: Forceful twist or pull causes muscle tear or sprain.
Treatment: Rest, Heat, and Ice.
Cause: Gradual deterioration of spinal cartilage and joints over time.
Treatment: Anti-inflammatory medicine, Physical therapy, Exercise, Weight control, Pain relief procedures.
Condition: Herniated disc
Cause: Multifactorial, including heavy lifting, trauma, bad posture, and other factors,
Treatment: Rest, Core stabilization exercise, Physical therapy, Epidurals, Surgery (10% of cases).
Condition: Spinal Stenosis
Cause: Thickening ligaments, enlarged joints, and bony spurs cause narrowing of spinal column.
Treatment: Physical therapy, Epidurals, Anti-inflammatory medicine, Surgery.
Cause: Cause unknown-rheumatic in nature. Involves widespread soft tissue pain.
Treatment: Pain medications, Anti-seizure medication, Physical therapy, Weight control and healthy diet